立教池袋中学校・高等学校

History of Our School

1896

Rikkyo Junior High School was established, by Bishop C.M. Williams. (Pictured on the right)

1923

Rikkyo Junior High School moved to Ikebukuro because the original building in Tsukiji burned during the Great Kanto Earthquake. A new building was constructed for our school, at that time.

1948

Due to educational system reforms after the war, the old style Rikkyo Junior High School system was abolished. “Rikkyo High School”, “Rikkyo Junior High School”, and “Rikkyo Primary School” were newly established.

1960

Rikkyo High School moved to Niiza in Saitama.

1981

Rikkyo Junior High School students started to join summer camps in Canada and the U.S.A.with the cooperation of Canadian and U.S. Episcopal Churches. Approximately 30 students participate each year in order to understand foreign cultures through exchanges with the students of Canada and the U.S.A.

1988

An Exchange with the Anglican Church Trinity School in the Philippines began.

1996

The Rikkyo Junior High School Establishment Centennial worship service was performed.

2000

Rikkyo Junior High School changed its name to “Rikkyo Ikebukuro Junior High School” and also added the new “Rikkyo Ikebukuro High School” in Ikebukuro. Rikkyo High School changed its name to “Rikkyo Niiza High School” and also added the new“Rikkyo Niiza Junior High School” in Niiza.

2009

Rikkyo Schools celebrate the 135th anniversary of foundation.

ページの先頭へ戻る

立教池袋中学校・高等学校
〒171-0021 東京都豊島区西池袋5-16-5

Copyright © 2010 Rikkyo Ikebukuro Junior & Senior High School. All Rights Reserved.